Join us for our exciting 2020-2021 season featuring both virtual and live programs. (Our season will begin with virtual programs only, and we will introduce in-person programs later in the season, when it is safe to do so).
If you need assistance purchasing tickets or membership, call the Box Office at 561-558-2520.
Purchase tickets »
Become a member »
LEVIS JCC SANDLER CENTER | 561-558-2520
A Literary Afternoon
Programs moderated by Myrna Lippman, chair of the Levis JCC Sandler Center Literary Programs.
Personal appearances by noted authors, discussions and book signings. Learn about their works and the creative process.
Tuesdays, 3:00 pm
Click here to view author bios and book descriptions »FREE for virtual members, $45 for series for non-members, $10 for individual programs for non-members Purchase tickets »
- November 17: Rachel Beanland, Florence Adler Swims Forever
- December 15: Susan Jane Gilman, Donna Has Left the Building
- January 19: Joanna Hershon, St. Ivo: A Novel
- February 16: Heidi Pitlor, Impersonation
- March 16: Ilana Masad, All My Mother's Lovers
This series is generously underwritten by Gerald Golden (of blessed memory), Charna Larkin, Elsa Sheldon, The Myrna Lippman Literary Fund and Boca Raton Regional Hospital. The Levis JCC is a member of the Jewish Book Network sponsored by the Jewish Book Council.
Florida JCCs Book & Author Series
Monthly panel discussions and conversations with authors, both fiction & nonfiction.
Thursdays, 1:00 pm
Click here to view author bios and book descriptions » FREE for virtual members, $10 for non-membersPurchase tickets »
- November 12: Jennifer Steinhauer, The Firsts and Marlene Trestman, Fair Labor Lawyer
- December 10: Gavriel Savit, The Way Back
- January 14: Alina Adams, Nesting Dolls and Charles Belfoure, The Faberge Secret
- February 11: Jason Brian Rosenthal, My Wife Said You Might Want to Marry Me
- March 11: Janice Kaplan, The Genius of Women
- May 13: Bess Kalb, Nobody Will Tell You This Except Me and Dara Kurtz, I Am My Mother's Daughter
Levis JCC Book Festival in Your Living Room
Author talks and Q & A events presented in partnership with the National JCC Literary Consortium
Click here to view author bios and book descriptions »
- Wednesday, December 2, 7:30 pm, Ina Garten, Modern Comfort Food, in Conversation with Michael Ian Black, Comedian, Actor, and Author
- Sunday, December 6, 1:00 pm: Philippa Gregory, Dark Tides
- Sunday, December 13, 2:00 pm: Peter Frampton, Do You Feel Like I Do: A Memoir
- Thursday, January 28, 8:00 pm: Scott Turow, The Last Trial
- Thursday, January 31, 8:00 pm: Gabrielle Glaser, American Baby: A Mother, a Child, and The Shadow History of Adoption
- Sunday, February 7, 4:00 pm: Philippe Sands, The Ratline: The Exalted Life and Mysterious Death of a Nazi Fugitive
- Sunday, April 11, 2:00 pm: Daniel Lee, The SS Officer’s Armchair: Uncovering the Hidden Life of a Nazi
Not included with virtual membership
Prices vary, purchase tickets through individual links on this page »
The Levis JCC Book Club
A monthly review and lively discussion of books.
Thursdays, 10:00 am
FREE for virtual members, $10 for non-membersPurchase tickets »
- December 3: The Vanishing Half, Brit Bennett
- January 7: Apeirigon, Colum McCann
- February 4: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek, Kim Michele Richardson
- March 4: Swanplandia, Karen Russel
- April 1: The Color of Water, James McBride
- May 6: Hum if You Don’t Know the Words, Bianca Marais